Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My shadow

For the last 2 days, Allia has followed me around with her "real-size" baby doll (the one that is the same size Gloria was when we brought her home) doing everything I do. If I put Gloria down for a nap, Allia puts her baby doll down. If I change a diaper, so does Allia. If I nurse, Allia hikes up her shirt and nurses the doll. It is so funny...like "a day in the life of." Today she asked me to please stop smiling and/or laughing when she hikes her shirt up to nurse the doll as I feed Gloria. Oops!

2 comments:

Alexis D. said...

I had a doll like that - Susie. She was "born" the day after my brother (who was a little more than 2 years younger than me). I remember feeding her when my mom fed Stephen, changing her, bathing her, etc. Soo beautiful to see your daughter doing the same thing!

Elizabeth said...

I think I remember my sister saying something about her daughter's baby doll ending up in the play kitchen- in the frying pan! Yikes!