Friday, April 3, 2009

Scissor happy

Daddy dressed Mariana yesterday morning, and later in the morning as I helped her go potty, I noticed this...


This is one of my favorite skirts! I actually bought it myself, new, for Allia at a time when most of the girls' clothes were from hand-me-downs, family or Once Upon a Child!

Conversation:
Mommy: Mariana! This skirt! How did it get all of these holes.

Mariana: (a little shocked by my despairing reaction) Well, Mommy, I cut them at the homeschoolers meeting.

Mommy: Ohhhhhh...I knew I should have come to check on you during the craft!

Oh, well. Lessons learned on both ends!

1 comment:

Kelle said...

Doesn't that just kill you when you don't follow your gut about checking up on them?! I had a not quite so dramatic thing happen with Genna last Saturday when I left her unattended for a bit with her breakfast which happened to include a cup (with a lid and a straw) of hot chocolate. She had decided to play with the straw and had hot chocolate all over her white shirt that I had just finished embroidering and put on her for the first time! Luckily with a week of soaking it in Oxiclean it finally came out!