Sunday, November 7, 2010

The 4 to 5 year transition

I just had to document this...I remember the same thing with Allia at this age. I am really enjoying Mariana's transition from a 4 year old to a big 5 year old. She has blossomed into such a beautiful girl these last several months. It is so rewarding to watch, especially as we battle the 2's with Gloria! It is quite encouraging to see our efforts pay off. In the last week she has been especially practicing virtue in little but important ways. I catch her doing something especially virtuous at least once a day! Some examples...

We went through the bank drive through and received lollipops. Everyone started shouting out the flavors they wanted. Suddenly Mariana stopped and announced that Allia and Gloria could pick and she would take the one that was left.

At lunch as I was in the kitchen refilling someone's drink, I overheard Mariana telling Allia, "I am going to eat all of my {insert name of food she doesn't like here} and offer it as a sacrifice to Jesus."

Here she is enjoying a leftover caramel apple from our carnival trip.


So proud of my growing girl! :)

No comments: