Monday, June 4, 2007

Proud swimmer

"I got to swim in the big pool today." -Allia beamed after her swim lessons this morning.

The two other kids she knows in the class are each a year older than her and in the group that swims in the big pool every day. However, due to her hesitance on the first day, she was placed in a group with a little boy who is quite scared of the water.

So she spent the first two days last week playing with a rubber duckie and splashing in the water until I mustered up enough courage to talk to the instructor. Then on Friday she had a major meltdown because she just did not want to swim with him anymore.

Well, now there is another, braver girl in her group this week. One of the instructors took she and Allia to the big pool today, and she is SO proud. She did great! I was so proud of her too as I munched a protein bar from the "Mommy viewing area"! Just wish I could share photos....sigh....:-)

2 comments:

Blair said...

Yay for Allia! My girls are really scared in the big pool too. MC is going to start lessons, hopefully in a couple weeks. I hope it boosts her confidence!

Lillian said...

Its fun when they start enjoying the pool. Its a fun family activity! Also, I tagged you for a meme at my blog if you're interested.