Monday, May 19, 2008

"Mama"

Gloria said it. She really did! I know it is hard to believe since she is only 4 1/2 months old, but it's true! She was SO vocal all day today, "coo"ing and "wooo"ing and "wawawa"ing. Then after her bath, Austin was chatting with her on the changing table and started saying mama to her, and she said it back. I was a little skeptical at first, but I watched, and sure enough she would stare at his mouth, curl her little lips in until you could barely see them, start moving her mouth with a concentrated look, and out it came: "Mama." All four of us danced around the room clapping and squealing and then persuaded her to do it a few more times before she decided it really was bedtime. I am soooo proud. The other two said "Dada" first, but not this one. She's mine!!!

Also on her list of accomplishments today is putting herself down for naps without crying. It was taking me 20+ minutes to rock her, and this morning after a good, long rocking, she woke back up after I laid her down! Argh! So I decided it was time. She cried for a while for her first nap (as her sisters and I said prayers for her in the living room!), but the rest of the day she did great. Yay!

2 comments:

Em said...

That's crazy!!!! NOt only is she all yours.... she's super super smart! I cannot believe she said mama at 4.5 months. Wow. Cool.

Rich said...

Mary was so distraught about Andrew saying Daddy, Pawpaw, and doodoo before ever getting to "Mommy."

4.5 months is a feat.