Monday, May 24, 2010

Mass funnies

I really almost laughed out lout at mass yesterday. I had Mariana on one side and Gloria on the other. A very old Irish priest came up to give the homily and appeal for donations to his mission in Venezuela. After he introduced himself:

Mariana: Mommy, he said he is Irish! I am Irish too!!! (we call her our little Irish girls with the orange hair and bright blue eyes)

Immediately afterwards, while I am still smiling about Mariana's comment:

Gloria(in a loud, excited whisper): Mommy, Jesus has panties! (I guess she never noticed the loincloth before, but she is so interested in panties right now since she just got new ones)

Right after that...

Mariana: Mommy, the priest lost a tooth just like Allia, look!

It was all I could do to keep from laughing. The presiding priest was looking right at us and I was just sure he must be thinking I am heartless as this poor old priest is pouring out the poverty and injustice in Venezuela, here I am giggling in mass!

2 comments:

Julia said...

Out of the mouth of babes!

Sammy said...

LOVE the way kids think! And how they are always thinking! Adorable :)