Saturday, May 8, 2010

Project Saturday

Today was a day of house projects. I worked on taking up some curtains, Austin worked on what is becoming the neverending shed project, and together (with a little illicit help from Dad) we painted the dining room!

Shed project
Dad was supposed to just be advising, but the combination of his loving eagerness to help when he sees someone in need, his inability to resist a house project in progress, and maybe even a little eagerness to return to normal life led him to disobey orders for R&R. He ended up out there working! This after two weeks in the hospital...and he has only been out two weeks and is still recovering from gall bladder surgery! He amazes me (and scares me a little too ;-) )


Dining room before


In progress


Dining room after


Yay! The whole house is painted in a light beige which is much nicer than white but still drab when it covers the whole house. I just love having a yellow room. It is such a bright, energetic color. But not in a bedroom...I like cooler, more relaxing colors in the bedrooms. In the old house the yellow was in the kitchen/breakfast area. I am so excited to have my yellow back!

1 comment:

Kelle said...

Beautiful! Our new house has a red wall in the dinning room, but I think I like the yellow idea much better. I haven't decided if it is worth painting yet. Our kitchen in Bryan was butter-cream yellow and I loved it!