Saturday, December 11, 2010

Loss and Love

We traveled to attend the funeral of our dear friend Matthew Adrian Coles yesterday. It is incredibly sad and amazingly joyful at the same time to say farewell to such an amazing soul that touched so many lives with the light of Christ. I know his family left behind will continue his mission. Matt, pray for all of us as we continue on the journey. And may Christ's perpetual light shine on you.

Michelle did a great job describing the beautiful witness of Matt and Lucy these past years here.

After a beautiful and packed mass, shedding some tears, saying some hellos and our big goodbye to Matt, we stopped at Lito and Lita's apartment to let the very tired children who don't nap well in the car get a good nap in before heading home.

I just really love this girl! She reminds me so much of a little me sometimes. As a girl, I could not stand to see a swimming pool and not be able to jump in it. Here is where I kept finding Mariana...in the window staring down into the big swimming pool four stories below in the courtyard. So cute! Every night after prayers and song, she asks me when she can go swimming again.


The girls enjoyed a little Lita treat of Jello cups before we hit the road again.

No comments: