Friday, September 16, 2011

My very eager helper and I have started the baking for our birthday weekend. I made this carrot cake from Southern Living once before but last week I made it into cupcakes to celebrate Mary's birthday on Thursday. It was such a hit, we are making them again. It really is the "Best Carrot Cake Ever" in my opinion. And I cheat a bit on the extras. I make the cake recipe but without the nuts and coconut (I am not a fan of nuts in dessert, and none of us are really big on coconut). Then if I don't have all day to spend baking I just mix about 4oz of softened cream cheese into a container of store bought frosting, and it makes a great cream cheese frosting in half the time! Yummy!

**If you are really astute you noticed that in the 2nd photo, Mariana is missing a tooth. She tried to pull it, couldn't, and asked me to do it so we can go out for ice cream tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

Rich said...

Andrew saw Mariana's missing tooth and has been determined to find (or create) a lose tooth of his own. The kid is competitive in everything.