Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ah, paper dolls

I needed to do some cleaning this week but had one big stumbling block...toys. Everywhere. Every room had toys scattered all over the floor except for mine and Austin's bedroom which has officially been declared a toy-free zone by necessity. So I made a decision. I would organize, sort and lock up most of the toys in an armoire. Then, when the children want something I can take it out on the condition that the other toys that are out are picked up. Brilliant, right? One problem. The creativity of children abounds. I had not even announced my plan yet but had most of the toys closed away and the ones I was still organizing stored up high. Not finding any toys readily available for play (I say this, but there are a few things I am leaving out like the dollhouse), they resorted to their own devices...making paper dolls. This started last year when one of the girls received a paper doll kit for her birthday. They make whole families of dolls with clothes, shoes, etc. (Dig the one with the Aggie shirt in the photo!) The result? LOTS of paper dolls and LOTS of paper scraps. Everywhere. Ahhhh...paper dolls. Can you say backfire? I do commend their creativity though. :)

1 comment:

Lillian said...

HA!! Love it! At least its just scissors and not sharpie markers!