Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sweet helpers

I am always thankful that the oldest in our family are girls...today Stephen hasn't been feeling so well. I think he has a cold, and when we were picking Gloria up from dance at noon he looked ready to conk out. So Allia started stroking his hair in the car, and she and Mariana made an elaborate plan to put him down for nap right when we arrived home. We came home, I served Gloria lunch, and they did it.  Stephen went down peacefully and happily with them, and by the time I made it upstairs to check on him he was already fast asleep!!! What great helpers!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Having those girls first is such a gift! LOL. My boys wouldn't have a clue how to do that. That is sweet.

Pie Mama’s said...

Thanks be to God for those sweet big sisters.

HeatherHuseman said...

What sweet girls!! My boys wouldnt have ever done that, but Grace could do it! It is like having a second mom around here to help sometimes! You have such good girls!!!

Rich said...

Yeah, if that was my house, it would have gone something like this:

As we pull into the driveway, I say, "Look how tired William is. I'll bet he could use a nap."

Doors open, older boys run inside the house and start playing with lightsabers while making very loud sound effects to complete the duel.