Saturday, April 14, 2012

Chrysalis

A few weeks ago, the girls found a cocoon in the flower bed. They brought it to Austin who hung it in a jar with some air holes, and we waited to see if anything would happen...

This morning as I was kneading some bread dough on the counter, I looked up to discover it had turned from a bright green to a translucent black...there was even a small part with some orange like a monarch wing...so I called the children to take a look.

Just about an hour later, look who we found!
 We waited until the afternoon so she could dry her wings and then set her free! (good luck in this wind! what a blustery day we are having!)
We couldn't have had a better science lesson if I had planned it myself! And I am thankful for an Easter butterfly this year instead of a bunny!

No comments: