Thursday, January 3, 2013

1 Year Old!

We can hardly believe our Anastasia is one already! What a girl. She is cruising all over the place and still scooting in between getting into anything and everything. In fact, one day she snuck into the fridge as I was pulling things out for dinner and pulled out a bottle of marinade which she promptly broke, flooding the floor. No sooner had a cleaned that up and turned my back on her, then she got into the cabinet under the sink, open and dumped out a whole bottle of pine sol. The house smelled clean for weeks! I have a request in with my handyman for a few child locks for the cabinets. ;)



Anyway, she has not much interest in walking at the moment, but I think that will come pretty soon. I am really not in a hurry and neither is she, I think. ;) Anastasia is very verbal. Here is her list of words at the moment:

Dah-Deh (Thank you - always in a very sweet sing-songy voice with hand extended)
Uh-oh
Mah (Mama)
Allia (with the "L" sound actually in it...impressive, and I think she is using to refer to any/all of her sisters)
Muuuh (more/I am hungry)
Ah or Ah Duh (all done)
Dih - Duh (Ginger the cat)
Dih- duh/suh (said in a whisper is Jesus...she points to the crucifix)
Dada/Daddy
Dih (drink)
Bah - Bah/Baaah (Bye bye), sometimes with wave
Buh (ball)

She has lots of other squeals, screeches and grunts of course, and a great big open mouth smile that makes all of us smile with her. :)

Her daily shedule for now is:
Up around 6:15am, nurse
Breakfast 7:30am
Nurse, Nap 9:30-10:30
Lunch around noon
Nurse, Nap 1:45-3pm
Small snack
Dinner 6pm
Bedtime 7:30/8pm
This is by no means exact since she is my toughest sleeper and most unpredictable baby!

We sure are thankful for this sweet girl and hope to enjoy another year watching her grow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!! She sounds a lot like Magdalene...getting in the cabinets all the time :)