Thursday, February 20, 2014

Choir Field Trip

Yesterday, Austin took the day off to drive and chaperone for a field trip to our diocesan Cathedral and State Capitol with the girls' church choir. So he and the three girls left the house at 6:10am! Every seat in our big white van was filled, and some friends of ours also had their white van full! I wished the little ones and I could have gone, but it would have been a long exhausting day for the three of us...and there wasn't extra room!

Singing at daily mass at the Cathedral with the children's choir there

The two choirs together after mass

Our choir on the Cathedral steps
 

Our choir with siblings by the big "Lone Star"
I was so glad that the girls had this opportunity and that Austin was able to go with them. They had a picnic lunch after mass before visiting a museum of our State history. This was especially great since Allia was supposed to have a field trip to a state landmark as part of school last year, but we didn't quite swing it!

While they were gone, I felt like I was living "a day in the life of...". I always say if I could go back to being a mommy of only little ones, I would appreciate it so much more....and it might help me appreciate our busy life now. Yesterday, I did exactly that. We walked to the park and played, sat on the floor and played trucks together, read many books, played outside. It was great...but by 5:00 we were so ready for the rest of our family to be home!!! I did enjoy the chance to focus my time and attention on my littler ones for a day.


 Stephen has been telling me for weeks that we are going on a date to spoons, so after lunch I decided to make his wish come true. We got there a few minutes before they opened, and these two had a ball running through the maze of landscaping bushes.




Stephen and Anastasia really had a chance to bond with the others gone for the day. They were such good buddies. It was super sweet...especially since they just started sharing a room too (until baby brother is old enough, then Stephen's room will become the boys' room).

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That is so neat! Yes, I have the same lamentations about the younger ones. It is not their fault that we don't have lazy afternoons at the park- every single day, like I did with the others! :)