Monday, March 26, 2007

A Confession

Ok, so I did not avoid outside work for as long as I planned after the big fencing extravaganza. I actually built a nice little bed around one of our backyard trees last weekd during the girls' naps. Then, today I had big plans. We need to lay spring fertilizer, so I planned to mow the whole backyard really low. That way Austin has less to do. So I put the girls down for a nap and ran out (literally...so I could mow around Mariana's window before she fell asleep to avoid waking her up) to start mowing. First, my mower (the smaller, lighter one) would not start. Then I finally got it to start, it puttered a few times, made an awful rattling noise, and went out again. Argh! I called hubby who said it could not be fixed by me over the phone. Still very determined, I took out his mower (large, very heavy and difficult for weak little me to start). I tried and tried and finally got it started. I mowed about 1/5 of the yard, hit a mud blob left from our fencing project, and it went out. I checked to make sure it wasn't jammed or anything and tried for another 5 minutes to start it. Finally, very frustrated, I gave up. I came in, enjoyed a nice shower by myself, fixed my hair without interruption, and am playing on the computer. A girl deserves some reward for her effort, right?! Humf!

No comments: