Saturday, March 17, 2007

WHEW!

Well, I have always enjoyed "man's" work...you know, mowing or doing other things that involve exerting yourself outdoors. I just love to be outside! This week, I have had my fair share of opportunities to do this sort of thing. We had to replace about half of our fence, which is quite a bit in our corner lot. So, this week I have hammered down a fence while Austin ran around town buying the supplies for the new fence. I helped him pile it all up for the garbage collectors. I did leave the posts up for him to take out of the ground when he came home. He conveniently threw out his back (poor husband!!!) on the first post when he tried to carry it, concrete and all, to the pile. So, then I took the other 14 posts out under his loving direction. Then, the lawn was looking hiteous and since everyone who drives by can now see it, it needed to be mowed. So while Austin and Dad fenced, I mowed the front...and the back yards. Then somehow they convinced me to hammer in some nails. So I spent several hours hammering in nails on the boards they had already hung. Wow...I think I have reached my quota, at least for a while...maybe a week or two. Then you just might find me sneaking outside during naptime to mow the back yard again...MAYBE.

No comments: