Monday, October 29, 2007

Craft time

I have been trying to include "crafts" in our weekly activities lately...I am not naturally a crafty person except perhaps in scrapbooking and making All Saints' costumes. However, I was inspired by Julia with this one, and we had tons of fun.





Unfortunately the only pics I have of them together are after I gave them paintbrushes, and they stripped their painted clothing off. So those photos are therefore unbloggable. It seems my girls prefer painting with brushes to finger paint...what sophisticated artists!

7 comments:

Julia said...

All right!!!!!! :) I'm so glad the girls enjoy it! Did the paint dry okay??? We haven't painted ours just yet, but plenty of chalk and marker scribbles! Dominic is still having ONLY teddy bear for lunch in there every day! haha!!! :)

Kristen said...

It dried just great out in this sunny, windy weather we've been having!

Em said...

Did you buy this or make this? If you made it then you belong to that elite club of crafty mothers I am so envious of. I'm hoping you bought it. That would make me feel better.

Kristen said...

Whoa...definitely bought it! :-)

Em said...

Where'd you get it? That is so cool. I feel so much better.... and I could DO that! So spill it. Where'd you get that thing?

Kristen said...

It is from Hobby Lobby...and you can just let them color it if you are not up for paint. I did that until one morning when I was feeling energetic enough to do the paint thing...we all needed a shower afterwards!

Em said...

Hmm.... we don't have one of those around here. I am going to check online. I am sooooo not cool enough to do the paint thing... mainly because Lucy has already drawn on half the walls on this house (and we've been here 4 months!).... so I am soo not giving her a paintbrush, LOL.
Anyway, thanks for the info. Maybe we could try to make one ourselves. Nathan is pretty artistic and I do have a ton of moving boxes.