Saturday, January 26, 2008

The secret

of baby #3. So how come those of you out there with 3+ kids didn't tell me how incredibly enjoyable the third baby is?!? I have been enjoying Gloria in her baby-ness SO much more than I remember with the other two! Of course, that may have something to do with the fact that baby #1 screamed for about 20 out of every 24 hours until about 2 or 3 months of age. I remember telling a very disappointed hubby that I wasn't sure if I could "do this" again! Ha! Maybe I was too worried I would do something wrong with #2 that would start her screaming too. Either way, I used to just wish I could skip to about 4 months...past the swaddling, constant diaper changes even in the middle of the night, multiple night-waking phase. But this time something is different...I am really enjoying it! Don't get me wrong, I have my tired, cranky, wish-I-could-sleep-more-than-2-consecutive-hours kind of moments, but I still just relish in her innocence and sweetness so much that it takes the loathing of it all away! I think if more people knew how wonderful baby #3 is, fewer would stop at 2! She makes me really want another one! Good job, Gloria! :-) What a sweet little "gift from God" as big sister Allia calls her!

Some fun pics...

The evening shift


Like father, like daughter?


Did somebody make a poopy or what?



Allia just loves having a baby in the house...she is already planning for "the next one"!

4 comments:

Kelle said...

That's good to hear! I thought #2 was much easier, but it had mostly to do with the personalities of the babies. Genevieve was a great sleeper and that is just what you need when you have a 1 1/2 year old too. I prayed the whole time I was pregnant with her for a "good night sleeper". I am doing the same this time because it definitely worked. Genevieve sleeps until 9am every day even though I put her to bed at 7 or 7:30pm.

Kelle

Blair said...

I totally agree! My babies have all been pretty easy, but we are all totally in love with baby #3 and can't imagine stopping anytime soon!

Julia said...

Great pics!!! :) I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying everything more this time around - that is very very encouraging! I pray it will get "easier" each time for all of us (mostly, that I learn how to function without sleep!!! haha!)

Hinckley said...

Yea for baby #3! Three IS fun...I think, at least for me, that it's the experience of being a momma twice over already. Glad to hear it's going well over there.
Love,
the Hinckleys