Saturday, May 21, 2011

DANCE RECITAL!

What a beautiful, enjoyable experience. The dance studio we chose this year for Allia's first real dance class is a Christian studio run by a very sweet lady from a town very near my own hometown. Allia really enjoyed the class. And I thought this fancy recital thing would feel like a bunch of fluff. But honestly, I loved it! (And so did Austin!) It was short and very sweet (they divide the recitals into one for older girls and two short ones for little kids which makes a huge difference!). Allia danced beautifully, in fact her whole class did a really great job!

Rehearsal


Allia found her buddy, Peyton


Recital time! The butterflies are ready in the dressing room


Allia and Elizabeth, one of her buddies in the class


I wish I could have captured Allia's face as Austin presented her with these flowers, but I wasn't quite quick enough. It was priceless!!!


A little windy outside!


Allia and Kendyl, another buddy...they make some cute little monkeys!


(forgot to zoom on this one, so it is a little tough to see)


(at the rehearsal)




Allia wants to try soccer in the fall, so we will have dance camp this summer and maybe pick back up with dance in the spring. We will see! She loved it, but she also misses soccer. I am proud of her for wanting to try something new. Mariana is convinced that she will just do both. :)

No comments: