Wednesday, August 31, 2011

They're on their way!

The girls are one their way back this morning. I am so excited to see them!

Did I miss them like crazy? YES!!! More than I even expected.

Did I get a lot done? YES!!! I cleaned, sorted and organized the bedrooms and cleaned the whole house...among other little things.

Am I exhausted? YES!!!

Stephen has missed them too. He frequently holds his hand out, palm up, and asks, "Where Allia?" or any one of the missing sisters but her name is easiest for him to say. I think he will be excited to see them again. He has enjoyed his time in the limelight though. Lots of play time with Mommy, snacks and drinks right away when he asks, and a few trips to the park. Fun!

Here is one little project while they were gone. When we visited Corpus Christi for Memorial Day weekend, my MIL had these buckets on the table with silverware, napkins, salt and pepper, etc. so the table did not have to be formally set for every meal. I have been hoping to find one and finally did find one that is just right for us Saturday evening at World Market...and at 50% off! Yay! The ceramic trivets add nice color to the display and are there ready to accept hot dishes.



Don't get me wrong, I like having the table set for meals, cloth napkins and all. But a mother of a large and growing family has to keep her mind and eyes open for simple ways to save time and energy. I tire of getting up and down at meals to fetch a fork for someone who dropped theirs or a spoon for the salsa, knife for the mayo, etc. Now it is all there at the table when we need it! So if we are in a hurry, we can just throw some plates on the table, and we are ready to eat!

3 comments:

Pie Mama’s said...

Now, where was that basket?!

Kristen said...

I edited the post to tell where I got it...but it was actually the last one like that since everything was on clearance. :)

Pie Mama’s said...

Thanks; I'm on the search now!