Sunday, May 5, 2013

First Communion Day!

We were sooo happy to celebrate Mariana's First Holy Communion this weekend. She and I went to the practice together yesterday...

 

 Several of Mariana's friends were receiving at the mass after hers, so we snapped a photo together at the dress rehearsal.
Pawpaw and Manah (her Godparents) came with this big green trike. Anastasia was thrilled to help with the assembly.

 I made two cakes and let Mariana pick everything for one of them. She chose red velvet with pink icing and helped me decorate it. Then she and Allia went off to the vigil Mass to sing for some of her peers.

 Apparently during the hubbub, somebody swiped my camera and had some fun. I found many interesting pictures on it. This was one of them. Lito and Lita brought Gloria this funny singing, dancing cow toy.

This morning, she received her special crucifix necklace from Austin, myself, Pawpaw and Manah.


 All ready to go...I love how you can see the excitement in her face!
 We were so blessed to have family and friends to help us celebrate. Uncle Trevor and Tia Becky came and played with the children. We sure have missed them!

Newlyweds! ;)
 Uncle Matt and Tia Nana relaxing out on the porch with Manah and our hidden nephew.

The other cake (dairy free for Allia and Tia Becky)

We had the blessing of a pop in visit from Fr. Curtis. He couldn't resist some new baby snuggles from baby Francis.


2 comments:

Blair said...

Congratulations to Mariana! She looks beautiful!

Rich said...

I know a large part of her excitement was due to the zeal of her parents. So beautiful to see the faith of a child. Blessings to my Lil' Kraut girl.