Thursday, May 16, 2013

Generous heart and desire for prayer

I was so proud of Mariana the other day. She received some money from Uncle James and Aunt Karen for her First Communion. She saved half, as is our family practice, and was so excited to spend the other half. We went shopping, and she only spent a little less than half of her money on herself and used the rest to buy each of her siblings something. It was so sweet to see her so eager to share her joy and good fortune with her brother and sisters. So proud!

After mass, I usually say a little prayer with the children that goes something like, "Dear Jesus, thank you for the mass. We love you. Mary, thank you for your son Jesus. Pray for us and help us to love him more. Amen." Admittedly, I have been less than consistent lately. Frequently, after juggling Anastasia for an hour plus on Sunday, I am ready to sprint down the middle aisle and out the door as soon as the priest pronounces the final blessing! Lately, when I forget, Gloria has been approaching me and asking to pray "that prayer that we say together" after mass.

It warms my heart to see virtue stirring in the hearts of my children. :) Thank you, Jesus!

No comments: