Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Our own party

I remember at some point, as we dreamed of having a big family, talking with Austin about the day when our family would be it's own party. I think we have arrived. :) At least last night we did. It was Mardi Gras, and in the absence of any parades or other community celebrations, we became our own party. In the afternoon I took the children to Spoons, and after a yummy dinner with several desserts (since we as a family always give up sweets for Lent) we had a dance party in the living room complete with Chicken Dance, Cotton Eye Joe (clean version) and the Shoddish. It was lots of fun and a good chance to burn off all those sweets before bedtime!

The girls were actually the ones who grabbed my camera and started taking pictures. They did a pretty good job!
 Yes, that is me, 8 1/2 months pregnant, dancing in my living room. It was Mardi Gras after all.


We began Lent with early morning mass. May this Lent be an opportunity for all of us to grow in our faith.

No comments: