Thursday, February 23, 2017

Sick

Feverish, coughing, sneezing, stuffy head, headache, sore throat, medicine, nebulizer, thermometer, chest rub, humidifier, soup, steamy shower.
These are words describing our household for the last week. Whatever it is we have (I am starting to suspect flu!) just doesn't seem to want to let go. Every last one of us has had it now, and only one child is currently well. I have made numerous cups of hot apple cider and gingerale, moved the humidifier from room to room, taken what seems like hundreds of temperatures, we have 2 nebulizers set up in the living room and numerous blankets strewn about. What a week. Not much school or otherwise is getting accomplished but boy am I hiking up my numbers in the corporal works of mercy department! ;) I just wish I weren't sick myself!

This cute guy had a high fever one day and was just constantly coughing. He spent most of the day at Manah's in her bed with the nebulizer. But he was coughing so much and so hard he could barely sleep. Finally at the end of the day, his fever went down a little and cough calmed just enough for him to totally conk out. This photo was taken after we carried him home at dinnertime. No matter where he was or what happened around him, he slept. So we finally just put him to bed at 7:30!
Amid this all, God's grace is with us. Just when I think I can't do it, a sick child offers to serve another child a drink, or the baby actually conks out for a few hours so I can rest or like today someone finally stops running fever just when another starts. God is good! All the time!

No comments: