Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Thankful

We have so much to be thankful for...air conditioning (whew..hot out there!!!), running water, a healthy family, you name it. Today is one of those days when I am feeling especially thankful, thankful for a breezy morning at the park with lots of friends to play and talk with, thankful for my children. However, at lunch as I sat in Daddy's spot at the head of the table, I felt Allia's warm dirty little feet rest on my leg. I was inclined to move my leg away and ask her to keep her grubby little feet off of me. Then I stopped and realized that those little feet will soon grow big and be able to reach the floor and I will miss those warm little feet on my leg. So I decided to just enjoy her, in all of her almost 4 year oldness. And I was thankful.

No comments: