Friday, September 7, 2007

Mmmmm...

fresh pico de gallo. It is definitely one of my favorites, and I have been craving it for several weeks now. I finally mustered up the gumption to make some this week with tomatoes less than $1/pound. It was totally delicious and is now totally gone in only 2 days. I just may have to make another run to the store...although the girls' birthday party is this weekend so I have many other things to do besides dicing tomatoes and onions. At least I am having mostly healthy pregnancy cravings now that the 1st trimester is history!

2 comments:

Lillian said...

Sounds delicious!! Care to share your recipe???

Kristen said...

I can...sort of. I don't really use a recipe, just "al gusto." I dice tomato and onion (sweet white) until the quantities are about even...probably 5 or 6 Romas per one small onion. Then I put about 1/2 jalapeno or habanero pepper cut very small, Cilantro, salt, and a few squirts of lime to taste. Mix it up and let it sit for about and hour. Yum!