Sunday, September 2, 2007

"That man is cute"

Allia said as we were parking our car for the church picnic today. The man rode past on his bicycle, and the look on my husband's face was quite a sight when she said this. However, I began laughing hysterically. This is because I recalled a few minutes earlier as we were driving down the street and passed this same man my husband had commented, "How cute...look at that man on his painted bicycle." The whole thing was spray painted a metallic gold. I am not sure why said husband found it cute enough to make the comment, but somehow in Allia's almost 4 year old mind, his comment translated to, "That man is cute." It was so funny to see his reaction, which would have been mine...shock, dismay that she could possibly be noticing the male gender already. Once I explained my laughter the mood lightened and we all had a little laugh together. Then on to the free hamburgers and of course the ever-popular moon walk. Yay!

No comments: