Monday, September 24, 2007

Reading success

Well, we have formally started homeschooling preschool, which for me means the 100 Easy Lessons Book at least 3 times a week and making a point to use educational toys/puzzles/games daily. I am happy to announce it is going great! Allia is breezing through the book so far. It says "20 minutes a day," but I don't think we have spent over 15 minutes yet because she is just picking things up so quickly. I know all of our homeschooling days will not be so easy, but I am sure enjoying a good start at least! I am so proud of her and so excited for her to be able to read on her own soon!

1 comment:

Blair said...

Great, some motivation for MC who has refused to do 100 Easy Lessons for a few wks now! I just told her that Allia was doing it 3 days a week so she can learn to read...maybe some healthy competition will help :) She also saw the picture of The Princess and the Kiss on your blog and insisted I read it last night :) We miss you guys!