Friday, November 16, 2007

A 2 year old's question

The other evening as I was preparing dinner, Mariana ran in from the backyard excitedly to ask, "Momma, can I play in the ant pile?" In good conscience, I had to say no. However, I quickly clarified, you may play in the neighbor's leaf pile if that is what you mean. She grinned from ear to ear, said "OK" and ran back outside. Ahhh...the back neighbors, to whose yard we have a "secret" gate, have trees that actually shed leaves in the fall. Thankfully they share that joy. We just have immature live oaks that shed tiny leaves in spring...where is the fun in that?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michael and Andrew were just playing in the leaves yesterday here. I love fall! Your girls are getting so big Kristen, such sweeties too! It's nice "keeping up" with you Riddles on your blog now and then!