Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy All Saints' Day

and happy baptism day to Allia! Lots of celebrating around here!

Here are some photos from our festivities yesterday...All Saints festivities not Halloween ones. We don't do the Halloween thing, so I was thrilled when the church moved their All Saints' celebration to last night. We usually just take that night to go out (somewhere without ghouls) and do something fun as a family. We had lots of fun yesterday getting ready for the party, and we had a picnic in the park to celebrate Allia's baptism today for lunch and will go to All Saints' mass today. Busy fun times!


Making their Grottos...Allia was St. Bernadette, so we did a Lourdes Grotto craft in the morning


The proud crafters displaying their final products (Allia accepted NO help, while Mariana needed a lot!!!)


Saints Therese and Bernadette ready to head off to the church


A lineup of little saints (and one happy Mommy) having fun!

7 comments:

Em said...

How nice that you had such a great party to go to! We just shut the lights off everywhere and hung out upstairs... not super fun, by any stretch:) I am hoping that by next year we will either find a group with an All Saints Day party going on or find some Catholic friends so we can have our own. It is sooooo not fun hanging out upstairs by ourselves!

Lillian said...

Those grotto kits are very popular here too! We also like the rosary holders. I found it cheaper to buy the kit of 10 (for schools) rather than buying them individually.

Actually, we live anything from Illumninated Ink. Do you know about their coloring contests?

Great job! My kids weren't very crafty at that age.

Kristen said...

Emily,

I hope you guys find something next year too! When Allia was one we did the lights off hiding in the house thing and I remember thinking how not fun it was. I always thought about doing our own party, but it is really nice (and much lower stress) to just go to the one at church, especially when they have it on Halloween!

Julia said...

So glad everyone had such a lovely celebration!!! :) We were planning to go, but I knew I'd be chasing Dominic around the whole time, so we decided to visit the nursing home instead like we did last year. He really enjoys it, and we gave everyone a blessing card that we made together. I think that will always be our Oct. 31 tradition because I think it's such a unique way to make the corporal works of mercy a real part of our children's lives. What were the activities like at the festival this year? Did you find there were things for toddlers to engage in?

Julia said...

I don't know if my last comment included this but the grottos are beautiful, what a lovely project. Excellent idea, Mama Riddle!

Kelle said...

Every year at this time, I find myself missing College Station for their All Saints party. We have not come across such a program since. All our Catholic friends in NY and here in Germany do the trick or treating thing, but I wish there was an alternative fun dress up event for the kids that wasn't so secular here.

Alexis D. said...

What a great photo Kristen! Is that Mary with her boys? I haven't talked to her in ages!

It's fun keeping in touch with your blog!