Friday, November 9, 2007

A vocation prayer

Today, Allia made her first personal prayer for her vocation (not one prompted by us). She was telling me how she wanted to have a baby in her tummy someday, so I told her that she needed to pray to God and ask him if he wanted her to get married someday or if he had another plan for her like becoming a nun. If he did want her to get married, then after that she could have a baby in her tummy. She asked me to say a prayer with her as follows:

"O Lord, please let me grow up and be married so that I can have a baby in my tummy someday. Amen"

So sweet. Not quite the open attitude of discernment I was thinking of but still very beautiful! I am glad that my example of being pregnant makes her want to have a baby in her tummy not the opposite!!! Sometimes on my cranky, tired days I wonder...:-)

1 comment:

Kelle said...

That's so cute! Hannah has the same desire. She asked her dad to marry her a while back. He asked her why, and she said that Mommy said she had to be married first to have a baby in her tummy. He thought it was sweet, but he still keeps pointing out the nuns and how wonderful it would be to be like them. :)