Sunday, December 2, 2007

Potty talk

(discussion while in a tiny stall in a restaurant restroom last night)
Allia: Tee tee doesn't come from my womb.

Mommy: Nope.

Allia: I have a womb because I am a girl. Boys don't have wombs.

Mommy: That is right.

Allia: Someday I might have a baby in my womb like you.

Mommy: Yes, but you have to grow up and get married first.

Allia: I think I will get married soon.
(giggles coming from the stall next to us)

Mommy: Hmmmm.

Allia: ...if that is what God wants me to do. But I can't marry myself because I am a girl. I have to marry a man.

Mommy: Yes, that is right.

Allia: Then I can have a baby in my womb.

Mommy: Yes, sweetie, but I think you have a while to grow up first.

Allia: OK, then I can have a baby in my womb like you?

Mommy: Yes, Allia

(exit stall, wash hands and return to dinner)

No comments: