Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Broken

Me. Today.

Yep. It was one of those days. We all have them...some of us more than others these days (you know who you are!). Every plan I made, thwarted. Every moment of peace I tried to steal, interrupted. Every situation I entered with patience, I left with frustration. And just when I thought my tasks were complete, I turn around to find rest and instead find another task awaiting my attention.

These kinds of days, though painful, are necessary. What better reminder that we are pilgrims on a journey and that the real destination is eternal life, not this one. Jesus is the one we really need, not material goods or comforts that so often tempt us away from him. So, I may be broken, but I am not without hope or joy, and hopefully today I have gained a little treasure in heaven for myself and my family. What better way to spend my life?

3 comments:

Blair said...

Great attitude, Kristen. I hope tomorrow is a better day!

Alexis D. said...

Wish I could give you a big hug! I totally understand these days... :-)

Julia said...

It can feel so physically and spiritually exhausting to do what we do!!! I feel like we Mommies need guardian angels as much as our children do! Like St. Paul says, we should rejoice in our imperfections since they point to our need for salvation. I'm so glad you shared your feelings and I am sure the next day was better for you!