Wednesday, June 18, 2008

She swims!

Allia, that is.

Everyone was up from naps at the same time this afternoon, so we made a mad dash for the swimming pool before Gloria's next nap. It was well worth the effort because Allia jumped in and started trying to swim under water. She can only go for about 4 1/2 seconds, but she is really doing it...swimming under the water! I am SO proud.

Mariana was so moved by my reaction to Allia that she asked me to take her floaties off and then proceeded to jump off the bottom step to where she cannot touch. Ahem, then Allia and I made a quick rescue. She did a good job holding her breath though...I was expecting some choking/coughing when we pulled her up, but she was fine! ;-)

No photos...I had my hands full!

2 comments:

Blair said...

Yay, Allia! Mary Clare swam underwater last year but has just mastered the breath-taking in the past week. It makes me feel much better, especially when like you I'm there with all 3 little ones! Ellie also proceeded to take her floaties off last night and I had to do an underwater rescue...not sure if she'll try that again!

Rich said...

We're thinking of having Richie take some lessons this summer. Allia is now beating Richie in swimming and biking. Way to go!