Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Deep thoughts from Allia

Discernment

Allia: (after reading a chapter of These Happy Golden Years by L.I.W. together) Maybe I will be a teacher someday and then get married like Laura...if I am not a nun.

Mommy: Yep. It just depends on what God calls you to do.

Allia: (puzzled) Well, I have been trying to listen, but I don't ever hear anything. So then sometimes I just start thinking.

Mommy: (smiling) That is good, sweetheart. That is what he wants you to do. As you get older and think about those things, he will show you what is right for you.

Daily Mass (we haven't been in a while!)

(right as the priest begins the words of consecration)
Allia: (in a loud whisper) Mommy, this is the consecration!!!!

Mommy: (thinking to self ) Wow...she really seems excited!

Allia: (in a loud whisper again) This mass is fast!

No comments: