Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A generous heart

I was so proud of Allia today...here is our conversation with names changed to allow anonymity!

(On the way home from the grocery store)
...amid a long string of interesting conversation...
Allia: Well, Mommy, if our car breaks, Mr. X can come fix it for us.

Mommy: Sweetie, Mr. X does not fix cars...he fixed our windshield because that is what he used to do, but he has a new job now.

Allia: Why?

Mommy: Well, he and Mrs. X want to have a baby soon, and Mr. X is trying to work hard to find a good job so they can make enough money for Mrs. X to stay home when they have a baby.

Allia: Mommy, we should give them some money...don't you think that is a good idea?

Mommy: (smiling) That is sweet, Allia.

Allia: We do have a lot of money, so we should give them some!

Mommy: What makes you think we have a lot of money?... Well, we do have a lot more than many people in the world.

Allia: I have a lot of dollars in my piggy bank, and I get one every week in my letter from Pawpaw and Manah on Wednesday or Thursday. I can give them all of my dollars from my piggybank. Then they can have a baby! Mommy, I want them to have a baby!

Mommy: Allia, that is so sweet! I think they would like it very much if you would just pray for them, ok?

Allia: Ok, I will and I will give them my dollars!