Monday, February 16, 2009

Finished!

I finished the headboard! Actually it has been finished and airing out in the garage for a few weeks now. We just brought it in today. Yay!


I still really wish I had a before picture. I just wasn't thinking about it 3 1/3 years ago when I was 9 months pregnant! This is the best I can do. Picture 4 panels of a similar shape to the inner carvings in this photo and a similar but more swirly carving within all made to look like wood out of a resin-like plastic material.

I pulled those panels off which left a big piece of plywood between the two posts. I sanded the old stain off the posts. That is where it sat for 3 years. I covered the plywood with wainscoat and topped it with a trim piece. Then I stained and varnished the whole thing. Total project cost was under $100. Not bad!



Ta da! Now for some matching nightstands....

No comments: