Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Manners

A long time ago, my mom got us this little book



Allia recently discovered it and read it on her own during rest time. It was great! (good job, Manah). Now she is really trying to practice what she learned (of course she is only 5 1/2 so she still does miss some opportunities for practice!)

A few examples:

The other day we received a birthday party invitation. I was discussing with Allia the fact that we probably would not be able to go.

Allia: Well, mommy, then we need to call them because my manners book said that if somebody invites you, then you have to call and tell them if you can come or not.

Also, the other day we went for a walk and ran into a neighbor who is overweight

Allia: (smiling after we start to walk away) Mommy, I noticed that man has a very round belly, kind of fat.

Mommy: (whew!!! glad she waited to tell me that) Allia, that was very good for you to wait until they were gone and whisper that to me. God makes people in all shapes and sizes, and we would not want to hurt someone's feelings.

Allia: Yep. That is what my manners book told me.

No comments: