Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas fun

The girls are at my parents' house for a few days, so I have no excuse for taking so long to get these photos up except that I am trying to get lots of other stuff done!

We had a great celebration this weekend with my parents. We decided to do our big dinner Saturday evening so we could relax more Sunday. Here are the biggest and littlest (besides one yet unborn) sitting together for the Nativity Story movie.

Of course Austin was working hard on his aforementioned turkey. Here he is carving.


The meal was delicious featuring the turkey with cranberry relish, a spring green and strawberry salad, sweet potato fries and pecan tarts for dessert. Here we are about to eat.


Christmas morning, we woke and dressed for mass which was beautiful. No photos though. My dad took one quick one but I looked like a Beluga whale and refuse to post it on the blog. ;) After mass, we opened gifts. The girls squealed and shrieked for every little gift they received, even the pack of gum from their sisters (they had a low budget for each other spending their own allowance money!). This of course made me so proud. Stephen was a little overwhelmed, but his favorite gift by far was this automatic car from Lita that flips and rolls and just goes crazy. It was hysterical to watch. I tried to get a video, but there was just too much going on. The children were so excited to see baby Jesus!
 

Gloria was so excited to have her own Texas Girl doll...







No comments: