Monday, December 26, 2011

Mmmm...

Gumbo! We had a turkey (cooked by Austin using his family's very laborious and yummy recipe!) for Christmas since we had gumbo for Thanksgiving at my parents' house. But we decided, after receiving a batch of turkey gumbo from a Cajun friend when Stephen was born, to try it out on our leftovers. I have never actually made gumbo myself...just watched my parents for many years and enjoyed the tasty results (they make seafood gumbo, but the process is basically the same)! But today I actually did it. I made a pot of turkey gumbo....and it was delicious! Yay! I am so excited. That just has to be the best way to eat leftover turkey!

2 comments:

Rich said...

Yum! It's fun to branch out and try new recipes. Good for you!

Pie Mama’s said...

That looks great!