Thursday, December 29, 2011

My new light

We have been trying to get some long awaited projects done around the house this week while the girls are at my parents' house (they come back today! Yay!). Austin has been wanting to paint the downstairs ceilings for over a year now, so that was his project of choice. As Austin was taking the light down, I had casually mentioned that if we ever needed to replace the fluorescent light in the kitchen I would love one of these decorative ones so it doesn't look so industrial. While he had all the fixtures down (on the floor), he threw a drop cloth over them to protect them from paint. Clumsy pregnant lady didn't notice this and stepped right on the fluorescent light cover. We looked everywhere for a replacement cover but instead had to replace the whole fixture. So I got my wish! And figured out how to spend my Christmas money. ;) (pardon the hole where he still needs to put the A/C vent back!)



No comments: