Saturday, March 30, 2013

Stephen's version of Holy Week

The mind of a child trying to absorb so many events can be tricky. Thanks to him being so verbal, we got some glimpses into Stephen's version of what has been happening.

Last night at the Veneration of the Cross...
Stephen: Mommy, when the Roman soldiers nail me to the cross and kill me, you take me off the cross before I die, ok?
Mommy: Aw, buddy. Don't worry. I don't think they are going to put you on the cross, just Jesus.
Stephen: But, Mommy, when I am on the cross you take me down.
Mommy: I will take you off the cross just like Mary took Jesus down.
Stephen: But take me off before I die, ok?
Mommy: Ok, buddy. Don't you worry. I will take good care of you.

While talking about our plans for Holy Saturday...
Stephen: Mommy, today we are boiling the eggs with Manah and then we all have to die.
Mommy (a little confused at first): We are dying the eggs, buddy.
Stephen: Yes, after we boil them we will eat them and die.
Mommy: Oh, no, buddy. We have been talking about dying the eggs, but the word dying that we use means changing the color of the eggs, not that we will be dead!

Poor guy! I was amazed at how calmly he said these things. What a sweetheart.

No comments: