Friday, April 13, 2007

"It was a breezy spring day,

the kind of day in which all of God's creatures feel especially loved by him." This is the first line in one of Allia's books, and that is exactly what yesterday was like here. The sun was shining, the breeze blowing just enough to keep things cool. It was absolutely beautiful. I just love being a stay-at-home mom on days like that. I remember several years ago sitting at a computer, staring out the window on a day like that, daydreaming about how if I were a mom at home with my kids we would be out at the park having a picnic. And that is what we did. We picked up a few friends on our way, went to the park and played, had a picnic, and played some more. It was so much fun for all of us! Praise God for his wonderful creation and for the vocation of motherhood! I love it!

1 comment:

Julia said...

I love this, Kristen! I know exactly what you mean about day-dreaming about being a Mom....isn't it wonderful to find that your dreams have come true! :)

~ Julia