Monday, April 30, 2007

Conquering fear

Apparently a healthy fear of the water develops sometime between the age of 3 and 4...or at least for Allia it does. She was a crazy little fish as of last summer...trying to run past us to the deep end of the pool when jumping in from the side. Then we had our first really hot beautiful day yesterday, so we decided to make our first pool trip of the year. After she finally got in the chilly water, with floaties, she clung to me with the death grip of someone truly afraid. She said, "I don't want to die." This is supposed to be fun!!! After taking her out in the water several times and gently coaxing her to stop choking me, she finally let me only hold her hands while she kicked her feet. I was really proud! Then we switched. I got the little 1 year old dare devil, and as soon as I turned around Austin had her off in the water kicking away by herself. :-o How did he do that? Anyway, I am glad she conquered her fear of the water, at least for the time being. I would show pictures, but since we are still not in the digital camera world, it will be a few weeks. :-)

1 comment:

Julia said...

I can't wait for swimming this summer! I know what you mean about the digital world - ack! I owe you a shout out for helping me organize my page!!!!! :)