Monday, April 2, 2007

Pink

It's Allia's favorite color. We have a lot of it around here with two girls. However, lately it has become quite an obsession. She mentions to me several times a day that, yes, it is her favorite color. Sometimes she lists off the colors that are not her favorite. Often if anyone in earshot is having a conversation and the name of a particular color comes up (not pink), such as us commenting on the beautiful green springtime grass and trees, she immediately runs into a discourse of how the mentioned color is not her favorite. Her favorite is pink. She received a blue swimsuit, and we had to exchange it for a pink one. (we did talk to her about being thankful, etc.) The other day, she even accused Austin and I of wanting to do away with her color when we innocently mentioned something blue. "But my favorite color is pink, and I like it, and I don't want you to make it go away because it is my favorite color!" Strange but interesting...at least she has her own opinions, right? And it is a nice feminine color. I wonder what color her next birthday cake will have to be...

No comments: