Monday, April 9, 2007

Little accomplishments

Mariana has made several little milestones in her speech in the last few days. She is now saying big sister's name with L's in it. Instead of "Ayya" she now actually says "Allia." Also, she finally started saying her own name, all 4 syllables, very clearly! It is so beautiful. She points to her belly when she says it. She used to have a game where Allia or myself would ask her what her name was, and she would answer some gibberish and giggle (she knew it was not her name). But now she answers back with the sweetest "Mariana" I have ever heard! Sweet mommy moments.

I also figured out how Allia knew Jesus didn't sleep Holy Thursday night. When we prayed the stations for children on Friday, I realized it was in there. At least now I know she was really listening and internalizing it! So, no child genius here, just good old comprehension which is great to me!

1 comment:

Kelle said...

You have inspired me. I think I may just start a blog myself once we get to Germany. Maybe that will help my family feel closer to us.

Your girls are beautiful! Sounds like you're doing a great job raising them to be faithful Catholics!

Kelle Smith