Thursday, May 24, 2007

Kiss Jesus

We have a new ritual that has been going on for a few weeks now. On our mantle we have a Sacred Heart statue on one side and Our Lady of Grace on the other. We made little paper crowns for both...Jesus for Easter and Mary for May. We also have a crown of jewels that we made on Holy Saturday for Easter up there next to the Sacred Heart Statue.

Now, at least once a day, I hear Mariana demanding, "Kiss Jesus." It gets louder and more urgent the longer I take to respond. Then I have to take the Jesus statue down and let her remove the crown, give him several elaborate kisses, replace the crown, and then I put him back. Then she says, "Kiss Jesus, Mary" which means it is Mary's turn. We follow the same routine with her. Then she says, "Crown" which means I then place the crown of jewels, which happens to fit her perfectly, on her head and let her walk around for a while before replacing it.

I have come to love this little ritual. It is such a beatiful little baby prayer of love to Jesus and his mother. I just picture them smiling down from Heaven on us every time we do it. :-) I love those moments of grace!

No comments: